The northeastern city of Holguín is holding the Vladimir Malakhov International Dance Competition from September 10th through 17th with the sponsorship of the renowned Ukrainian dancer and Cuba’s Codanza Company.
The event has welcomed Latin Ameridan and Caribbean dancers and choreographers focusing on the spirit of contemporary art. The competition will award the Vladimir Malakhov Grand Prix to a single performer in the classical, neoclassical or contemporary styles, and a cash prize of € 1000, plus a sculpture by prestigious Cuban artist Cosme Proenza.
Another award will be the Codanza Choreography Grand Prix for a choreographer, awarded by Codanza Directress, Maricel Godoy, which includes a contract to stage the winning choreographic piece with Codanza based in Holguín. Dancers and choreographers from Mexico, Venezuela, Colombia and Cuba are participating.
- Process of constitutional debates continues throughout Cuba
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- U.S. Scholar: Washington's policy towards Cuba throughout history has been a mistake
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Bolivia awaits for the sea
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel highlights broad public debates nationwide on draft of Cuban Constitution
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3039
- today: 338
- online: 111
- total: 5146373