The Cuban National Ballet Company, led by ballet legend Alicia Alonso, will dance on Monday 22nd and Tuesday 23rd at the Manzanero Theater in Mérida, State of Yucatán.
Celebrating the Autumn Cultural Season of the 2014 Annual Arts Festival in Yucatán, Mexico, the Cuban ballet ensemble will dance the famous classic Coppelia, choreographed by Alicia Alonso after Arthur Saint-Léon and Marius Petipa, with score by Léo Delibes, script by Charles Nuitter and Arthur Saint-Léon, based on an original story by E.T.A. Hoffmann. The production’s set and costume designs are by Ricardo Reymena and lighting by Ruddy Artiles.
There is much expectation in Yucatan to watch the performance of the famous Cuban ballet company admired since its first presentations in Mexico. Dancers Viengsay Valdés, Amaya Rodríguez, Víctor Estévez, Arián Molina, Félix Rodríguez and Ernesto Díaz will assume the leading roles, backed by the company’s soloists and corps de ballet. Coppelia, one of the most famous works of the traditional ballet repertoire, was premiered at the Paris Opera in its former headquarters of the Théâtre Impérial on May 25th, 1870.
MAKE A COMMENTAll fields required
- European Union Urges Israel to Stop Building Illegal Settlements
- Cuban tourism is secure and on the rise
- Financial Giant Wells Fargo Fined $185 Million for Creating Phony Accounts and Credit Cards
- 60th Anniversary of the Landing of the Granma
- Excerpts of Speech by Cuban President Raul Castro, December 3rd, Santiago de Cuba