Habanarte could become the largest Arts Festival in Cuba. This first event in 2014 not only combines a diverse programming of over one thousand artists but also is trying to turn Havana into the most substantial Cuban culture festival in a long time and Thursday's art attractions are examples of how the artistic community is working on this regard.
Entitled “Post it,” the exhibit and sale of contemporary Cuban art sponsored by the Fondo Cubano de Bienes Culturales (Cuban Fund of Cultural Assets) is aiming to attract the talent for future National art galleries catalog. Some of the venues for the exhibit include Artis 718 Gallery, Galiano Gallery, Collage Habana Gallery, among many others.
A visit to a museum is attractive to many national and foreign visitors and the festival has included this option among its proposals. Ernest Hemingway Museum, located in Finca Vigia, home of the U.S. Writer is one of them.
Those who like to walk can enjoy the Art Deco in Havana with places of beautiful architecture and design. Many buildings represent this style in Havana as one of the main exponents of this art fest in Cuba. The route starts at the National Museum of Decorative Arts.
Music is one of the main attractions for people of all ages and opportunities amount in theaters, indoor and outdoor sites. A concert will takes place at Raquel Revuelta Theater by Pedro Luis Ferrer. Other concerts include traditional Cuban music at Delirio Habananero, Los Papines at Pabellón Cuba, Schoola Cantorum Coralina at Covarrubias Hall of the National Theater of Cuba, Milada Milet at Maxim Rock Theater, and Manolito Simonet y su Trabuco at Miramar's Casa de la Musica.
Habanarte 2014, sponsored by the Culture Ministry, is on until Sunday September 21th .
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3634
- today: 1268
- online: 125
- total: 5042432