The Cuban National Ballet Company, directed by dance legend Alicia Alonso, will be in Germany with premier dancer Yanela Piñera and principal Camilo Ramos at the 20th International Ballet Gala set for September 27 and 28 at the Grand Opera House in the city of Dortmund.
The Cuban dancers will perform the pas de deux of Le Corsair, choreographed by Alicia Alonso after Marius Petipa, score by Riccardo Drigo and costume designs by Salvador Fernandez. In the two shows, the Cuban dancers will share the stage with figures of the San Francisco Ballet, the Royal Ballet of London, the Staatsballet of Berlin, the National Ballet of Norway, and other important companies.
In other news, Cuban Ballet Company choreographer Eduardo Blanco is working in Honduras, at the San Pedro de Sula Art School, at the invitation by the art center authorities. The Cuban National Ballet Company will be hosting Havana’s 24th International Ballet Festival from October 28th through November 6th, with guest companies, dancers, critics and fans from all over the world.
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
- Havana gears up to host Cuba's main trade event
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migrant caravan moves north towards U.S.-Mexico Border
- Homero Acosta: The Cuban Communist Party must abide by the Constitution and uphold it
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3214
- today: 1185
- online: 111
- total: 5253735