The President of the Dominican Republic, Danilo Medina, received Cuban singer-songwriter Silvio Rodriguez in his office.
Along with the renowned Cuban performer were his wife, Niurka Gonzalez, and Dominican Culture Minister, Jose Antonio Rodriguez. In a friendly atmosphere, Medina and the world known singer-songwriter spoke about the historical and cultural relations of the Dominican Republic and Cuba.
Silvio Rodriguez is in the Caribbean country to participate in the opening of activities to celebrate the 250th anniversary of the establishment of the city of Bani, where Rodriguez is giving a free concert on October 25. The concert is also featuring Dominican Maridalia Hernandez as Silvio's counterpart in the performance.Bani is the birthplace of Cuban-Dominican hero, Máximo Gómez, who fought in the three Cuban independence wars against Spanish colonial rule in the 19th century.
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Cubans living abroad will have a say in writing Constitution
- Manuel Zelaya: We are here to defend regional peoples, their conquests and their rights
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3625
- today: 711
- online: 128
- total: 5030982