International Ballet Festival audiences gave a standing ovation to Cuban prima ballerina, Viengsay Valdés and renowned Ukrainian dancer, Ivan Putrov, who packed Havana’s Karl Marx Theater on Tuesday.
In the roles of Odette/Odile and Prince Sigfrid, Valdés and Putrov danced the Cuban version of the famous Piotr Ilich Tchaikovsky ballet Swan Lake, choreographed by Cuban National Ballet Company Director and world dance legend, Alicia Alonso, after Marius Petipa and Lev Ivanov. Putrov danced with the Royal Ballet in 2010 during the 22th edition of the International Ballet Festival of Havana.
Another two Swan Lakes are on the list of pieces that dance fans from Havana and foreign visitors will be able to enjoy at the Karl Marx: Norwegian National Ballet principals, Cuba’s Yolanda Correa and Yoel Carreño will be assuming the roles of Odette/Odile and Prince Sigfrid on Thursday and Cuban National Ballet Company premier dancers, Sadaise Arencibia, Amaya Rodríguez and José Losada on Friday.
- Diaz Canel: No imperialist policy will deter Cuba
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: Unity is our Revolution's most formidable and powerful strength
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Four Bronze medals for Cuba in Judo Grand Prix
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Cuban Parliament meets in full for 3rd Ordinary session of 9th Legislature
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3823
- today: 3012
- online: 108
- total: 6144163