The best of university art is already being enjoyed by audiences in Santiago de Cuba squares and other locations as the 22nd University Students Federation Amateur Artists Festival began in the southern city.
The opening ceremony started with a colorful parade with attending delegations and wound up with the famous conga de Los Hoyos Street Dancers Company. Later on the city’s Heredia Theater hosted a gala titled Golden Voices, featuring amateur musicians and singers who won last year’s festival.
As of Tuesday, a jury presided over by Santiago de Cuba actress, Fátima Paterson, and made up of other performers, singers, dancers, writers and radio and TV announcers, such as Viengsay Valdés, Silvina Fabar, Nelson Domínguez, Gerardo Fulleda León, Marta Campos, Aida Barh, Aramís Acosta and Sady Flor are evaluating almost 200 works in competition in different art forms, including music, theater, dance, audiovisuals, literature, fine arts, circus and announcing.
Creative workshops by outstanding personalities, performances in work centers, schools and hospitals that attest to the festival’s community projection, as well as tour of sites of historical and cultural interest in Santiago de Cuba, make up the program of the university artists meet set to wind up on November 22nd
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard: The U.S. government has sent a message that the Vienna Convention means NOTHING
- José Pertierra: U.S. security force operation at Venezuelan embassy violates international law
- U.S. medical student says coming back to study in Cuba allowed him to reconnect with his roots
- Migration and defense: main points in European elections
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2560
- today: 2190
- online: 92
- total: 5937013