The Cuban National Ballet Company, led by ballet legend and director, Alicia Alonso, will dance the classics Giselle and Don Quixote in the renowned Regio Theater of Torino, Italy, as of December 10th.
The Cuban version of Giselle, choreographed by Alonso, after Jean Coralli and Jules Perrot, will reportedly go to the stage of the Torino Theater from December 10th through 14th. The leading roles will be danced by National Ballet premier dancers, Anette Delgado, Viengsay Valdés, Yanela Piñera and Dani Hernández, and principals, Arián Molina and Víctor Estévez, along with Ernesto Díaz, Estheysis Menéndez and Dayesi Torriente, among others.
Don Quixote, also choreographed by the Cuban prima ballerina assoluta, Marta García and María Elena Llorente, after Marius Petipa and Alexander Gorski, will be danced on the same stage from Wednesday, December 17th through Sunday, December 21st. The roles of Kitri and Basil will be assumed by premier dancers, Anette Delgado, Viengsay Valdés, Yanela Piñera and Dani Hernández; and principals, Víctor Estévez, Arián Molina and Camilo Ramos, respectively.
The emblematic Cuban ensemble will also perform the Nutcracker at the Performing Arts Centre of Burlington, Canada, from December 18th through 20th, with choreography by Alicia Alonso, after Lev Ivánov, music score by Piotr Ilich Tchaikovsky and script by Marius Petipa. With this tour of Italy and Canada, the renowned Cuban ballet company successfully closes 2014.
- Jorge Arreaza: Cuba and Venezuela are sister nations and we are on the right side of history
- Vietnamese deputy prime minister and foreign minister concludes official visit
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- U.S. academic says Washington's wars of aggression lead to more harm than good to the United States itself
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3262
- today: 2345
- online: 134
- total: 5946111