Cubans are marking the 110th birthday of renowned Cuban writer and intellectual, Alejo Carpentier, on December 26th.
The creator of “lo real maravilloso”, one of the many literary trends within what is known today as “magic realism”, Carpentier had a prolific life as a journalist, chronicler, poet, novelist and revolutionary in different countries.
Awarded with the Cervantes Prize, the top literary award in the Spanish speaking world, Carpentier is the author of The Kingdom of this World, Explosion in the Cathedral, Harassment, Baroque Concert, ¡Ecue Yamba-O!, the Harp and the Ghost, the Consecration of the Spring and others.
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Cuban leader congratulates Putin on winning presidential election
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Vladimir Putin will lead Russia through 2024
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3770
- today: 150
- online: 104
- total: 4469897