Cubans are marking the 110th birthday of renowned Cuban writer and intellectual, Alejo Carpentier, on December 26th.
The creator of “lo real maravilloso”, one of the many literary trends within what is known today as “magic realism”, Carpentier had a prolific life as a journalist, chronicler, poet, novelist and revolutionary in different countries.
Awarded with the Cervantes Prize, the top literary award in the Spanish speaking world, Carpentier is the author of The Kingdom of this World, Explosion in the Cathedral, Harassment, Baroque Concert, ¡Ecue Yamba-O!, the Harp and the Ghost, the Consecration of the Spring and others.
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Widespread International Rejection of Donald Trump's Decision on Jerusalem
- ALBA-TCP General Secretary Highlights in Havana Importance of Unity among Latin American Peoples
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part III)
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part II)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 0
- today: 1669
- online: 231
- total: 4097624