Cubans are marking the 110th birthday of renowned Cuban writer and intellectual, Alejo Carpentier, on December 26th.
The creator of “lo real maravilloso”, one of the many literary trends within what is known today as “magic realism”, Carpentier had a prolific life as a journalist, chronicler, poet, novelist and revolutionary in different countries.
Awarded with the Cervantes Prize, the top literary award in the Spanish speaking world, Carpentier is the author of The Kingdom of this World, Explosion in the Cathedral, Harassment, Baroque Concert, ¡Ecue Yamba-O!, the Harp and the Ghost, the Consecration of the Spring and others.
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: It is our duty to defend Our Americas
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3670
- today: 2570
- online: 119
- total: 4942146