Old Havana’s Guayasamín House paid tribute to the famous Ecuadorian artist on the occasion of the 16th anniversary of his death on Tuesday.
The cultural center and museum held the award ceremony and opening of an exhibition resulting from the competition Guayasamín en Mí (Guayasamín in Me). Old Havana school children from the Museum Classrooms Project participated. Guayasamín left his imprint and spirit in Old Havana and a house full of his history and art, plus a square with a bronze statue of the Inca warrior Rumiñahui sculpted by the artist himself. The Guayasamín House, where he stayed while he visited Cuba, was turned into a museum and an art promotion center whose most important mission is to keep the maestro’s legacy alive.
- Cuba Holds President Donald Trump Responsible for Setback in Bilateral Migratory Relations
- Pope Francisco Returns to Latin America
- Cuban and U.S. Representatives Hold Meeting on Cyber-security and the Fight against Cyber-crimes
- Cuba Celebrates National Science Day
- RHC's Scientific and Medical Report
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4318
- today: 4096
- online: 219
- total: 4215378