Russia will be the guest of honor at the largest Cuban music and recording industry event, the 19th International Festival CUBADISCO 2015, scheduled for May 15 through 25.
The gathering will include a trade fair dedicated to symphony and choral music and its honorary presidents are the Director of the Cuban National Choir, maestra Digna Guerra, and Cuban composer and orchestra conductor, Guido López Gavilán.
The best albums produced during the year will be awarded in different categories, including some special prizes. Theoretical discussions have dealt with musical creation, teaching and heritage with the objective of promoting exchange, cooperation and knowledge that would lead to a more extensive and efficient development of the island’s recording industry.
Since its establishment, through colloquia and symposiums, the CUBADISCO fair and festival has created spaces for reflection and debate for academics, musicians, music executives and producers. A chamber music competition for music students will be part of the event’s agenda.
- Bruno Rodriguez: it is imperative that states refrain from excerpting pressure on others, in violation of international law
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's every other weekly program Focus on Africa
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Mass protests in Puerto Rico in demand of Governor Ricardo Rosselló’s resignation
- Race for Nelson Mandela in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4252
- today: 342
- online: 108
- total: 6163363