The 24th Book Fair, Cuba 2015, is underway in Santiago de Cuba with 580 titles and more than 100 thousand copies up for sale until April 26th.
The city’s Book and Literature Center Director, Ramón Álvarez, said that, as usual, the venue of the fair’s Santiago de Cuba stage is the city’s Heredia Cultural Complex and Theater, which is also hosting readings, recitals and sales for children at the Paper Treasure Pavilion. A children writers workshop is also underway as well as the presentation of the film project Salaam Namaste aimed at spreading, through film and video, the culture of India, the fair’s guest of honor.
Books are also being launched at the Rafael María de Mendive pre-university school, the Abel Santamaría Cuadrado Library and the José Soler Puig Literature Promotion Center. The Santiago de Cuba stage of the book fair coincides with the city’s preparations for celebrations to mark the 500th anniversary of its establishment.
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: It is our duty to defend Our Americas
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- Sao Paulo Forum pledges regional unity and integration
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4133
- today: 2863
- online: 121
- total: 4938769