The 24th Book Fair, Cuba 2015, is underway in Santiago de Cuba with 580 titles and more than 100 thousand copies up for sale until April 26th.
The city’s Book and Literature Center Director, Ramón Álvarez, said that, as usual, the venue of the fair’s Santiago de Cuba stage is the city’s Heredia Cultural Complex and Theater, which is also hosting readings, recitals and sales for children at the Paper Treasure Pavilion. A children writers workshop is also underway as well as the presentation of the film project Salaam Namaste aimed at spreading, through film and video, the culture of India, the fair’s guest of honor.
Books are also being launched at the Rafael María de Mendive pre-university school, the Abel Santamaría Cuadrado Library and the José Soler Puig Literature Promotion Center. The Santiago de Cuba stage of the book fair coincides with the city’s preparations for celebrations to mark the 500th anniversary of its establishment.
- Cuba warns Title III of Helms-Burton would violate international law and trade norms
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The British government erupts in flames
- Cuban president meets with Belize's prime minister
- Bolivian ambassador: division among regional countries only serves the imperialist, hegemonic interests of the United States
- Foreign minister: protecting the interests, well-being and personal integrity of Cubans will continue to be priorities of our country’s foreign policy
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3445
- today: 866
- online: 131
- total: 5545290