Cuban films and directors were awarded at the recently concluded 26th Latino Film Festival of New York, including Arturo Sotto and his most recent movie, Bocaccerias Habaneras.
The Cuban movie and Sotto won the best director’s and best script writer’s awards in the category of fiction film. Renowned Cuban actress, Isabel Santos, also won the best actress award for the film Wedding Dress by director Marilyn Solaya. A special mention was made to the Cuban movie, Venecia, by Enrique Kiki Álvarez, and in the documentary category the prize went to Otra isla (Other Island) by Hedi Hassan. The Latino Festival of New York is a non-profit cultural project set up in 2000 by American friends of the Ludwig Foundation of Cuba, aimed at building cultural bridges between the United States and Cuba through arts programs.
- Cuba denounces maneuvers in Peru
- Cuban civil society thinks about America
- Cuban civil society debates agenda of upcoming Summit of the Americas
- Kenyan business executive says Cuba is a great place
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Manipulated minds can equal secured votes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4164
- today: 3949
- online: 157
- total: 4485702