Cubans are mourning the death of Cuban singer, troubadour, writer and teacher, Teresita Fernández, who passed away in Havana at the age of 82.
The most outstanding Cuban children’s singer-songwriter, Teresita Fernández, was born in Santa Clara, on December 20, 1930. Many of her compositions are hymns of love and Cuban spirit.
Loved by many generations of Cubans who were raised hearing her compositions, her creations also included pieces inspired by old ballads and Cuban country folklore. Texts and poems by National Hero, José Martí, and Chilean poetess, Gabriela Mistral, were also musicalized by the renowned composer. The themes of her songs also included nature, love and children.
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4242
- today: 2435
- online: 208
- total: 4085158