Cubans are mourning the death of Cuban singer, troubadour, writer and teacher, Teresita Fernández, who passed away in Havana at the age of 82.
The most outstanding Cuban children’s singer-songwriter, Teresita Fernández, was born in Santa Clara, on December 20, 1930. Many of her compositions are hymns of love and Cuban spirit.
Loved by many generations of Cubans who were raised hearing her compositions, her creations also included pieces inspired by old ballads and Cuban country folklore. Texts and poems by National Hero, José Martí, and Chilean poetess, Gabriela Mistral, were also musicalized by the renowned composer. The themes of her songs also included nature, love and children.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3919
- today: 865
- online: 112
- total: 4835518