Cubans are mourning the death of Cuban singer, troubadour, writer and teacher, Teresita Fernández, who passed away in Havana at the age of 82.
The most outstanding Cuban children’s singer-songwriter, Teresita Fernández, was born in Santa Clara, on December 20, 1930. Many of her compositions are hymns of love and Cuban spirit.
Loved by many generations of Cubans who were raised hearing her compositions, her creations also included pieces inspired by old ballads and Cuban country folklore. Texts and poems by National Hero, José Martí, and Chilean poetess, Gabriela Mistral, were also musicalized by the renowned composer. The themes of her songs also included nature, love and children.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4211
- today: 1236
- online: 156
- total: 3854060