Cubans are mourning the death of Cuban singer, troubadour, writer and teacher, Teresita Fernández, who passed away in Havana at the age of 82.
The most outstanding Cuban children’s singer-songwriter, Teresita Fernández, was born in Santa Clara, on December 20, 1930. Many of her compositions are hymns of love and Cuban spirit.
Loved by many generations of Cubans who were raised hearing her compositions, her creations also included pieces inspired by old ballads and Cuban country folklore. Texts and poems by National Hero, José Martí, and Chilean poetess, Gabriela Mistral, were also musicalized by the renowned composer. The themes of her songs also included nature, love and children.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3864
- today: 2511
- online: 110
- total: 4380497