Havana’s 12th Art Biennial kicked off in the Cuban capital at the Wifredo Lam Contemporary Art Center, the event’s organizer, on Friday morning.
The art gathering has, however, been taking over Havana way before, evidence of which are the interventions by artists from Cuba and the world in spaces, such as the Havana based Casa de las Américas and Casa de África cultural institutions, the University of Havana, the Higher Institute for the Arts or Art University and the Morro-Cabaña complex.
Under the slogan “Between Idea and Experience”, the cultural event, set to run until June 22nd, has gathered more than 300 artists and collective projects. Havana residents, national and international visitors are the protagonists of the island’s most important visual arts and socio-cultural event in Arms Square, the Visual Arts Development Center, the Claudio Arguelles bicycle factory, Paula Church, Trillo Square, Colón and El Romerillo neighborhoods, El Ciervo Encantado Theater, the Bertolt Brecht Performing Arts Center and the famous Malecón or Seaside Wall, Drive and Promenade.
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Fermín Quiñones: Helms-Burton is against the international community
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2318
- today: 1048
- online: 110
- total: 5867769