The Bahamas is the guest of honor at the Fire Party or Caribbean Festival set to get underway in eastern Santiago de Cuba in early July.
On the occasion a large delegation from the Caribbean nation will be traveling to Santiago de Cuba set to open a new era in relations between the two countries. The festival coincides with and is dedicated to the 500th anniversary of the establishment of Santiago de Cuba, one of the first cities founded by Spanish colonizers in Cuba.
The Festival of Fire is sponsored by the Caribbean House, whose Director, Orlando Verges, has highlighted that the event, also known, as Caribbean Festival, will open the city’s 500th anniversary celebrations, highlighting the great values of its popular culture, without undermining the values and cultural work of other Cuban provinces. The burning of the devil will be one of the festivities's highlights.
As part of the Caribbean Festival, the Santiago de Cuba based Caribbean House that organizes the international event is scheduled to present its International Award to Cuban poet Waldo Leyva, founder of the Party of Fire on July 3rd.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4037
- today: 2645
- online: 193
- total: 3859506