Charles Chaplin’s granddaughter, Oona Chaplin, who is currently visiting Havana, says that returning to Cuba is like coming back to her second home.
The daughter of actress Geraldine Chaplin and Chilean photographer Patricio Castilla, associated to the island by work and friendly links, said that her first steps were in Cuba, more precisely in Varadero. Oona Chaplin added that she is pleased with the tribute that the Cuban Film Institute, ICAIC, is currently paying to her grandfather.
The actress, who will play the part of Talisa Maegir in two seasons of the TV show Game of Thrones, commented that Chaplin not only revolutionized the film industry but also the sensitivity of people. She said that Chaplin is an example for many generations, mainly in Cuba, where she is impressed by its people’s sense of humor.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4241
- today: 3441
- online: 195
- total: 4103637