Charles Chaplin’s granddaughter, Oona Chaplin, who is currently visiting Havana, says that returning to Cuba is like coming back to her second home.
The daughter of actress Geraldine Chaplin and Chilean photographer Patricio Castilla, associated to the island by work and friendly links, said that her first steps were in Cuba, more precisely in Varadero. Oona Chaplin added that she is pleased with the tribute that the Cuban Film Institute, ICAIC, is currently paying to her grandfather.
The actress, who will play the part of Talisa Maegir in two seasons of the TV show Game of Thrones, commented that Chaplin not only revolutionized the film industry but also the sensitivity of people. She said that Chaplin is an example for many generations, mainly in Cuba, where she is impressed by its people’s sense of humor.
- Vladimir Putin will lead Russia through 2024
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The most persecuted people in the world
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3491
- today: 2851
- online: 146
- total: 4468828