Rehabilitation works are currently underway in the colonial city of Trinidad and the Valley of Sugar Mills, declared UNESCO World Heritage Sites, to celebrate the 500th birthday of the third city founded by the Spaniards in Cuba.
The Conservationist Office and the Monuments Conservation and Restoration Enterprise are in charge of the rehabilitation works aimed at rescuing buildings with patrimonial values, recovering parks and plazas, raising the quality and changing the image of public spaces and rehabilitating houses in deplorable technical state.
Patrimonial buildings under restoration and repair include the House of Frías, which will host an arts gallery and the city’s historical section’s scale model, and the House of Malibrán, the future heritage documentation center.
Sites located outside the city are also changing their faces, such as the historical Guáimaro and San Isidro de los Destiladeros Farms, belonging to the patrimonial Valley of Sugar Mills
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 23 , 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 23, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 22, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 22 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 21 , 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for May 20 , 2020
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6118
- today: 2282
- online: 197
- total: 8015656