Cuban musician and director of the famous popular Cuban music band, Juan Formell, was presented a Latin Grammy for Musical Excellence in the US city of Las Vegas.
Speaking to the press, Formell said that the prize has entailed sacrifices because of the blockade imposed against the island on recording markets, adding that the record is an important cultural weapon.
The founder of the band Los Van Van received the award along with Argentina’s Palito Ortega, Brazil’s Roberto Menescal, Spain’s Miguel Ríos and Colombian folk singer Totó La Mamposina.
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Donald Trump's Controversial Fiscal Reform
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4477
- today: 2616
- online: 197
- total: 4089816