Cuban musician and director of the famous popular Cuban music band, Juan Formell, was presented a Latin Grammy for Musical Excellence in the US city of Las Vegas.
Speaking to the press, Formell said that the prize has entailed sacrifices because of the blockade imposed against the island on recording markets, adding that the record is an important cultural weapon.
The founder of the band Los Van Van received the award along with Argentina’s Palito Ortega, Brazil’s Roberto Menescal, Spain’s Miguel Ríos and Colombian folk singer Totó La Mamposina.
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Senator Leahy urges U.S. government to fully restaff Embassy in Havana
- Brazil: fighting fire with fire?
- The nuclear phantom flies again
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4531
- today: 1115
- online: 132
- total: 4367128