Cuban musician and director of the famous popular Cuban music band, Juan Formell, was presented a Latin Grammy for Musical Excellence in the US city of Las Vegas.
Speaking to the press, Formell said that the prize has entailed sacrifices because of the blockade imposed against the island on recording markets, adding that the record is an important cultural weapon.
The founder of the band Los Van Van received the award along with Argentina’s Palito Ortega, Brazil’s Roberto Menescal, Spain’s Miguel Ríos and Colombian folk singer Totó La Mamposina.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3693
- today: 2586
- online: 133
- total: 4844723