The Cuban “Rumba” Team Project is set to hold the event ‘Great “Rumba” for Great Men’ on August 12th on the eve of Fidel Castro’s 89th birthday.
In addition, Havana’s Palacio de la “Rumba” cultural center will also celebrate the birthdays of two of the Cuban Five, René González Sehwerert and Fernando González Llort. Sponsored by the Cuban Music Institute, the International Committee for Peace and Justice, and the Ignacio Piñeiro music enterprise, the celebration’s president of honor will be renowned Cuban pianist, Frank Fernández.
The Cuban “rumba” players’ initiative has been held for seventeen years now. This year’s performers will include the spiritual folk ensemble, Nsila Cheche, the bandsTimbalaye, Addaché and Iyerosun, poet Revesón and representatives of Los Guaracheros de Regla Street Dancers Company. “Rumba” has been declared a cultural heritage of the Cuban nation.
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Cubans living abroad will have a say in writing Constitution
- Manuel Zelaya: We are here to defend regional peoples, their conquests and their rights
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3624
- today: 1113
- online: 128
- total: 5035008