The Cuban “Rumba” Team Project is set to hold the event ‘Great “Rumba” for Great Men’ on August 12th on the eve of Fidel Castro’s 89th birthday.
In addition, Havana’s Palacio de la “Rumba” cultural center will also celebrate the birthdays of two of the Cuban Five, René González Sehwerert and Fernando González Llort. Sponsored by the Cuban Music Institute, the International Committee for Peace and Justice, and the Ignacio Piñeiro music enterprise, the celebration’s president of honor will be renowned Cuban pianist, Frank Fernández.
The Cuban “rumba” players’ initiative has been held for seventeen years now. This year’s performers will include the spiritual folk ensemble, Nsila Cheche, the bandsTimbalaye, Addaché and Iyerosun, poet Revesón and representatives of Los Guaracheros de Regla Street Dancers Company. “Rumba” has been declared a cultural heritage of the Cuban nation.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4211
- today: 3864
- online: 190
- total: 3856688