Dedicated to the 200th and 90th birthdays of Giuseppe Verdi (1813-1901) and Italo Calvino (1923-1985), the Sixteen Italian Culture Festival gets underway in Old Havana from November 25th through December 1.
The opening is scheduled for Monday, November 25 at 4:00 p.m. at the San Francis of Assisi Convent with an exhibition of posters related to the life and work of and scores by renowned Italian musician Giuseppe Verdi and an opening gala by concert player Antonio Ballista with the Symphony of Holguín, singing Verdi music.
On November 29 at 5:00 p.m., the Hispanic-American Cultural Center is set to host the closing of the exhibition A Journey with Calvino, while the Caribaldi House will host the theater monologue Tutto in un punto, one of the so called cosmic comedies by Italo Calvino, performed by Italian actor Franco Cardellino.
The 13th Round Table Discussion “Italian Emigration and Presence in Cuba”, led by Domenico Capolongo is also part of the festival.
The launch of the book Da Lavanga a La Habana by Raffaele Ciccarelli and the opening of the Sixth Exhibition by Immigrants and Families of Italian Descent in Cuba is also on the cultural gathering’s agenda, plus a theater show with the Cuban children’s theater company La Colmenita by Giorgio Donati and Jacob Olesen.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2951
- today: 2782
- online: 142
- total: 6063860