The Cuban National Ballet Company and its director, Alicia Alonso, will premiere the ballet Vilma at the Nacional Theater on September 29th to mark the 85th birthday of late Cuban women’s revolutionary leader, Vilma Espín.
Alicia Alonso has reportedly said that when the ballet company and herself came up with the idea of celebrating Espín's birthday with a ballet piece, they thought of going through the great contributions she made to build a new society in Cuba and telling her trajectory as a revolutionary.
Choreographed by Eduardo Blanco, and starring premier dancers, Anette Delgado, Dani Hernández, and soloist, Chanell Cabrera, accompanied by the ensemble’s corps de ballet and elementary level students from the Cuban National Ballet School, the piece has been structured in one act, its music score is by famous Cuban musician, Frank Fernández, costume design by Frank Álvarez, and video by Alejandro Pérez.
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Widespread International Rejection of Donald Trump's Decision on Jerusalem
- ALBA-TCP General Secretary Highlights in Havana Importance of Unity among Latin American Peoples
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part III)
- RHC's Interview with Puerto Rican Singer and Songwriter Pepe Sánchez (Part II)
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4363
- today: 3770
- online: 251
- total: 4095333