The film Fátima or Fraternity Square is being screened in Havana Movie Theaters, featuring the fiction story of Fátima, the Queen of the Night.
Based on a story by renowned Cuban writer, Miguel Barnet, and directed by actor and director, Jorge Perugorría (Straberries and Chocolate), the 90 minute fiction movie tells how Monolito, a transvestite who, despite the somber reality he goes through, doesn’t give up but reinvents himself without renouncing his aspirations.
Starring Carlos Enrique Almirante as Fátima, the drag queen, the movie includes a cast of Cuban stars, such as Broselianda Hernández, Patricio Wood, Néstor Jiménez, René de la Cruz and Tomás Cao. Produced by Audiovisuales ICAIC Producción and shot in 2014, the film’s music score is by Ernán López Nussa, and artistic direction by Erick Grass.
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 23
- Notes on the Revolution Column / 9
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Rosa Meneses Albizu-Campos: Cuba & Puerto Rico are two wings of the same bird
- Import tax war is escalating!
- Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez: expulsion of Cuban diplomats from UN further severs diplomatic ties
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3525
- today: 2951
- online: 149
- total: 6397777