The so called “Diva of the Buena Vista Social Club Project”, renowned Cuban singer, Omara Portuondo, and her Mexican counterpart, Regina Orozco, will again perform together on the same stage on February 8th at a concert titled “Pieces of the Heart".
The singers are set to sing songs by renowned Mexican composers Álvaro Carrillo and Agustín Lara at the famous Metropolitan Opera House in New York.
This is not the first time that Portuondo and the so called “Bride of Feeling” join their powerful voices, they previously sang together to celebrate International Women’s Day at the Art and Trades of Oriente Factory in Mexico.
Following that concert, Portuondo and Orozco performed in Cuernavaca’s Arms Square, in the Mexican State of Morelos, and later, on the Stage Train of Cuautla, in which the two singers held the concert "Pieces of the Heart".
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- RHC's Weekly Segment 'Breakthrough'
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4001
- today: 3634
- online: 178
- total: 4078424