The Cuban Fine Art Council has granted Eduardo Ponjuán the National Fine Art Award for 2013. The prize is presented every year to a Cuban who has excelled in his career as an artist.
Graduated from the National Art School in 1978 and the Higher Institute for the Art in 1983, Eduardo Ponjuán has held more than thirty personal and collective exhibits. His works are in collections at the National Fine Art Museum and the Wifredo Lam Contemporary Art Center, as well as collections at the Peter Ludwig Forum in Aachen and Jürgen Harten in Dusseldorf, Germany, and Nina Menocal in Mexico City.
Ponjuán has been awarded the First Prize at the Fine Art Provincial Exhibition in his city of birth- Pinar del Río-, the First Prize at the Collage Biennial of Malta and others.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3864
- today: 1538
- online: 79
- total: 4379524