As part of the ongoing Voices of the world concerts and events in and around Havana, on Friday the 16th. of October at the Mella Theatre or Teatro Mella at 8.30 pm Cuba’s Vocal Sampling are in concert. The program contains a wide selection of music, including Aaron Copland’s Fanfare for the common man, Leo Brouwer’s Paisaje cubano con rumba, Benny Moré’s Dolor y Perdón and many other favourites.
On Saturday the 17th. of October again in the Teatro Mella at 8.30 pm there will be a concert entitled Things in Twos or Cosas de dos featuring the voice of the Spanish Mayté Martin with piano a-'companiment by Cuban Nelsa Baró. The program contains music by Agustin Lara, Marta Valdés and many others.
On Sunday the 18th of October at the Plaza Roja de la Vibora on Carmen between Párraga and Diez de Octubre, the 69th. concert of the endless tour of Silvio Rodríguez through the barrios will feature Silvio and his guitar, with Niurka Gonzalez on flute together with the Trio Trovarroco..
And for photography and digital art fans, on Saturday the 10th. of October at 3.30 pm in the gallery in Cine Charles Chaplin at 23 and 12 there will be the opening of an exhibition of the work of Humberto Mayol, Laura Alejo and others. At the same venue at 4 pm there will be a screening of the documentary Women…the profound souls or Muheres…el elma profunda by Ingrid León. The work documents the life histories of older women expressed through both pain and hope.
- Ambassador: “Bolivia is the Consecration of Indigenous People's Dream of Liberation, Decolonization”
- Second Stage of General Elections Underway in Cuba
- Israel Throws New Challenge to the International Community
- Cuba Holds President Donald Trump Responsible for Setback in Bilateral Migratory Relations
- Pope Francisco Returns to Latin America
- Cuban and U.S. Representatives Hold Meeting on Cyber-security and the Fight against Cyber-crimes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4812
- today: 4069
- online: 208
- total: 4220163