The renowned Lizt Alfonso Dance Cuba Company will again travel to the United States in November to make audiences dance and vibrate in Princeton, Boston, New York and Washington.
An authentic piece of the company’s fusion style, the show ¡Cuba Vibra! takes a tour of the music and dances for which Cuba has been famous from the 1950’s up to present times.
In New York the company will have a second season at the New Victory Theater on 42nd and Broadway, in the heart of Manhattan, with the show ¡Cuba Vibra!. The season is part of celebrations marking the 20th anniversary of the New 42 Street Project. This is the 5th time that the dance ensemble visits the Big Apple; it has previously been on stages, such as the Summer Stage Festival in Central Park, the Brooklyn Center for the Performing Arts, the Fall for Dance in the City Center and the Work and Process event at the Guggenheim Museum.
The main protagonists of ¡Cuba Vibra! are women and men whose lives will be narrated to the tune of famous Cuban music genre and dances, such as “chachachá”, “mambo”, “rumba”, “conga”, “bolero” and “feeling” which will make the hearts of spectators beat faster. It’s a live show with music scores specially composed for it.
Directed by maestra Lizt Alfonso, the company’s other performances will include the Mc Carter Theater Center in Princeton, New Jersey, the Cutler Majestic Theater in Boston and the Lincoln Theater in Washington.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3643
- today: 2963
- online: 118
- total: 6071427