Mella Theater is the venue of this weekend's concert Broadway Rox by the US Company Nederlander Worldwide Entertainment part of Havana’s 16th International Theater Festival.
Tunes and songs from the best contemporary Broadway musicals from the past 60 years will make up the show, including pieces of The Phantom of the Opera, Rent, Jersey Boys, Wicked, Jesus Christ Superstar, Hair and others.
Company Director, Robert Nederlander Jr., says that the show is aimed at continuing strengthening cultural cooperation links between the two countries, boosted by the success of previous experiences, such as the joint production of Rent, and future plans to bring full Broadway musicals to the island and hire Cuban performers in that important theater circuit.
Broadway Rox is directed by prestigious actor, singer and producer Rob Evan, who has played seven leading roles on New York Stage, including the original cast of Jekyll & Hyde, in which he assumed the main parts for three years. Broadway Rox includes the stellar performance of artists, such as Daniel Luis Domenech, Janine Divita, Ashley Loren, Darren Ritchie, Shelley Thomas and Jason Wooten
- Ambassador: “Bolivia is the Consecration of Indigenous People's Dream of Liberation, Decolonization”
- Second Stage of General Elections Underway in Cuba
- Israel Throws New Challenge to the International Community
- Cuba Holds President Donald Trump Responsible for Setback in Bilateral Migratory Relations
- Pope Francisco Returns to Latin America
- Cuban and U.S. Representatives Hold Meeting on Cyber-security and the Fight against Cyber-crimes
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4472
- today: 1975
- online: 216
- total: 4222541