The famous Ballet of Montecarlo from the Principate of Monaco is closing Havana’s International Theater Festival with a very creative and imaginative version of Cinderella, choreographed by company director, Jean-Christophe Maillot.
The Monaco Ballet’s performances are set for Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the National Theater, while on Thursday National Ballet School of Cuba students and its staff gave a standing ovation to the company at a dress rehearsal for the press, the Cuban school and other guests.
Jean-Christoph Maillot has been granted the Benois de la Danse and Nijinsky Awards for this version of Cinderella, very well danced by the company’s dancers, whose technique is excellent, as well as the costumes, the lighting and modern sets.
Prince Carolina of Monaco and the ballet company visited the Cuban National Ballet School this week, where they took class and watched a performance by the school students which included part of the Cuban art educational institution’s repertoire.
- This weekend, Cubans serving abroad will have the opportunity to vote on the country’s new constitution
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba: It is imperative to halt an imperialist military intervention in Venezuela
- President Miguel Diaz-Canel assesses progress of recovery after devastating tornado
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2933
- today: 1210
- online: 113
- total: 5648290