Audiences packed the McCarter and the Cutler Majestic Theaters in Princeton and Boston this week to watch Lizt Alfonso Dance Cuba with the show Cuba Vibra!.
The company has announced more than 20 performances in the United States of the highly acclaimed show, which takes a surprising tour of the music and dances that have given luster to the island from the 1950’s to the present. Rhythms and styles, such as cha cha chá, mambo, rumba, conga, bolero and feeling are part of Cuba Vibra! The show will be at the New Victory Theater in New York as of November 12th. This is the company’s second season at the downtown Manhattan Theater and its eighth time in the USA.
This is a new version of Cuba Vibra!, especially designed for the troupe’s US tour, combining choreographic pieces from previous shows, such as Amigas (Friends), Elementos (Elements) and Fuerza y Compás (Strength and Rhythm), and premieres, such as Danzón-cha and Seduction. Cuba Vibra! was previously presented in Holland and Belgium. Maestra Lizt Alfonzo is the creator of the fusion dance style which mixes classical ballet, contemporary dance, popular Cuban dance and Afro Cuban and Spanish dances.
- Cuba strongly rejects inclusion in arbitrary US Report on Trafficking in Persons
- EU commissioner for international cooperation says ties with Cuba have evolved to higher levels
- Business executive says Cuba is a very popular resort among Europeans
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- US academic not surprised that Trump Administration has made it more difficult for Americans to travel to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3643
- today: 2955
- online: 119
- total: 6071419