The Cuban National Ballet is preparing for performances this weekend, following a successful tour of Spain and Oman.
Havana’s National Theater will host the galas to mark the 35th anniversary of the Abril Publishing House and the 20th of the José Martí Cultural Society.
The performances include pieces, such as En las sombras de un vals (In the shades of a waltz), choreographed by ballet legend and company director, Alicia Alonso and music score by Josef Strauss, and Cuba dentro de un piano (Cuba inside a piano), choreographed by Eduardo Blanco, with music score by 19th and 20th century Cuban composers, Manuel Saumell, Ignacio Cervantes, Ernesto Lecuona and Harold Gramatges.
The mixed bill is also made up of the pas de deux of the ballet Excelsior and a Suite of Don Quixote. Also on the program: Lucía Jerez inspired by the novel Lucía Jerez by Cuban National Hero, José Martí.
The leading roles will be danced by Viengsay Valdés, Anette Delgado, Dani Hernández, Víctor Estévez, Estheysis Menéndez, Gabriela Mesa, Ginett Moncho, Adrían Masvidal, Daniela Gómez and Ariel Martínez. The cast also includes awarded young dancers, Bárbara Fabelo and Patricio Revé, who’ve just recently joined the company and will be dancing the pas de deux of the ballet Excelsior.
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Cuba presents business opportunities in oil and energy sector
- Fidel: The Caribbean is an example of how peoples and governments can work together united by culture, history and common interests
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Ireland, a stone in the brexit shoe
- Havana hosts conference on climate change vulnerability and resilience in the Caribbean
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3208
- today: 2328
- online: 122
- total: 5429747