The 35th International Latin American Film Festival got underway in Havana with the screening of the Chilean movie Gloria, which has received both critics’ and audiences’ acclaim worldwide.
From November 5th through 15th movie lovers, filmmakers and experts are scheduled to enjoy the screening of over 400 films, 198 of which are competing for the coveted Coral Awards.
Gloria comes to the festival with a Silver Bear Award to actress Paulina García at the 2013 Berlin Film Festival in Germany, and the Movie in the Making Award at the San Sebastían Festival in Spain, presented to Latin American directors to conclude the shooting and post-production of their movies.
Havana’s Latin American Film Festival is one of the most prestigious events of its kind in the region, and will be dedicated, among others, to festival founder, Alfredo Guevara, who passed away this year.
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3318
- today: 1850
- online: 102
- total: 5955456