Last night at the Mella Theater in Havana, the Cuban National Ballet offered a gala homage to Esther Borja, the Cuban maestra of the lyric song, on the occasion of her 100th birthday.
Esther Borja, a Cuban singing legend, has been awarded the Félix Varela Order, the Cuban National Music Prize, the Alejo Carpentier Medal and the Gran Teatro de La Habana Prize during her long career.
For this homage, prima ballerina assolutta, Alicia Alonso, created the choreography “A la luz de tus canciones”, based on five of Borja´s interpretations, rescued from the old archives.
The repertoire also included the ballets “En las sombras de un vals” also by Alicia Alonso, “Tarde en la siesta” by Alberto Mendéz, and “Rítmicas” by Iván Tenorio, with music by Austrian Josef Strauss and Cubans Ernesto Lecuona and Amadeo Roldán.
- The Troika of Tyranny: Neoconservatives Take Charge of Trump’s Latin America Policies
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migration and defense, top issues in European elections
- Cuba and St. Lucia strengthen bilateral ties
- RHC's weekly feature 'My Reflections on the Revolution'
- Has Trump been deceived about Venezuela?
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3645
- today: 1713
- online: 156
- total: 6042545