Cuban National Ballet Company Director, ballet legend Alicia Alonso, is celebrating her 95th birthday with a “Master of Generations” Gala at Havana’s National Theater on Sunday.
The gala includes important pieces that were part of the great ballet dancer’s career and repertoire, including Giselle, Swan Lake, Sleeping Beauty, La fille mal gardée and Carmen. The show is artistically directed by Alberto Méndez, former Cuban National Ballet Company dancer and choreographer.
The main parts will be danced by Cuban ballet company premier dancers and principals, such as Anette Delgado, Sadaise Arencibia, Estheysis Menéndez, Jessie Domínguez, Dani Hernández and Víctor Estévez, supported by soloists and corps de ballet members. Live music will be played by Havana’s Alicia Alonso Grand Theater Symphony. In September the Cuban government renamed the emblematic theater after the living Cuban dance legend to pay tribute to the great performer.
Alicia Alonso is considered one of the greatest dancers of all times, who placed Cuba on the world’s ballet scene with the establishment of the Cuban National Ballet Company, along with Fernando and Alberto Alonso, and the Cuban Ballet School, along with the Alonso’s and other collaborators.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 3, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 03, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 01, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 31, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6701
- today: 3435
- online: 231
- total: 8082038