The Minor Basilica of Saint Francis of Assisi and Paula Church are the venues of the Old Music Festival running from February 12th through 21st.
Organized by the Havana Historian Office and the Ars Longa Old Music Ensemble, the Esteban Salas Festival also includes old music concerts and street dancing on Obispo Street, while a Baroque concert is scheduled to be performed by Cuban and guest artists at the new alternative art center Fábrica de Arte Cubano (Factory of Cuban Art). Meanwhile, the Cuban Art University, better known as the Higher Institute for the Arts, ISA, is holding a theoretical encounter on recent old music research.
This 11th festival is attended by Cuba’s Ars Longa ensemble, the Música Eterna Orchestra, the National Music School Baroque Orchestra, the Ars Nova Old Music Ensemble, the Ensemble Lauda, the Exaudi Choir and Vocal Luna from Cuba, while the United States is represented by Ensemble Meridionalis. Other guest artists and performers include Valentina Marghinotti, Alfredo Bernardini, Alberto Rosas, Cristina García Banegas, François Dolmetsch, David Gómez García, Alejandro Martínez, Susanne Ehrhardt, Kathleen McIntosh, Ulrique Theresia Wegele, Claudia Gerauer and Martin Rost.
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 3, 20200
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 03, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 02, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran June 1, 2020
- RHC´s English language broadcast for June 01, 2020
- COVID-19 Media Briefing by Dr. Francisco Duran May 31, 2020
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 6843
- today: 5841
- online: 265
- total: 8077743