The Minor Basilica of Saint Francis of Assisi and Paula Church are the venues of the Old Music Festival running from February 12th through 21st.
Organized by the Havana Historian Office and the Ars Longa Old Music Ensemble, the Esteban Salas Festival also includes old music concerts and street dancing on Obispo Street, while a Baroque concert is scheduled to be performed by Cuban and guest artists at the new alternative art center Fábrica de Arte Cubano (Factory of Cuban Art). Meanwhile, the Cuban Art University, better known as the Higher Institute for the Arts, ISA, is holding a theoretical encounter on recent old music research.
This 11th festival is attended by Cuba’s Ars Longa ensemble, the Música Eterna Orchestra, the National Music School Baroque Orchestra, the Ars Nova Old Music Ensemble, the Ensemble Lauda, the Exaudi Choir and Vocal Luna from Cuba, while the United States is represented by Ensemble Meridionalis. Other guest artists and performers include Valentina Marghinotti, Alfredo Bernardini, Alberto Rosas, Cristina García Banegas, François Dolmetsch, David Gómez García, Alejandro Martínez, Susanne Ehrhardt, Kathleen McIntosh, Ulrique Theresia Wegele, Claudia Gerauer and Martin Rost.
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard: The U.S. government has sent a message that the Vienna Convention means NOTHING
- José Pertierra: U.S. security force operation at Venezuelan embassy violates international law
- U.S. medical student says coming back to study in Cuba allowed him to reconnect with his roots
- Migration and defense: main points in European elections
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2560
- today: 680
- online: 106
- total: 5935503