Concerts, master lectures, jam sessions and album and book launches are among the options available at the International Jazz Plaza Festival set for Havana from December 19 through 22.
The festival’s main venues include the usual House of Culture in the municipality of Plaza; Mella Theater and its gardens; the Bertolt Bretcht Theater; the Avenida Hall; the Melia Cohíba Hotel; the Miramar Café, as well as the Palace of Rumba and the Maxim Rock Nightclub.
34 Cuban bands and musicians are scheduled to participate, including Bobby Carcassés; Harold and Ruy López Nussa; NG la Banda; Emilio Morales; Lázaro Valdés; Michel Herrera; Aldo López Gavilán; Joaquín Betancourt; Lucía Huergo; Jasek Manzano, the band Síntesis and others.
International jazz musicians on hand at the gathering include Adolfo Delgado; Arturo O´farril; Lucas Chamorro; Joost Lijburt; Andrea Brachfeld and the bands Jazz Urbaine, the Kranzelbinder Quartet, Nolose, Giant Steps Band, among others.
The 9th International Jazz Plaza Colloquium will run parallel to the event at the Fernando Ortiz hall on December 21, dealing with the history of jazz and the genre’s contemporary trends.
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Courage and loyalty in the face of lies and aggression
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3053
- today: 648
- online: 104
- total: 5853995