The show Alas by Lizt Alfonso Dance Cuba is revisited at Havana’s Grand Theater Alicia Alonso this weekend, ten years after its premier.
Artistically directed and choreographed by maestra, Lizt Alfonso, the performances are the renowned Cuban company’s first shows of the year, marking the troupe’s 25th anniversary. This revisited season of Alas (Wings) will be marked by the splendid costume and set designs by Ricardo Reymena and live music on staged by the ensemble’s music band, as well as by the debut of new dancers in demanding roles, including the performance of principal dancers, Tamy González and Sandra Reyes.
Alas won the choreography award by the Cuban Writers and Artists Association –UNEAC- in 2006. A chant to human spirituality, it is one of the best examples of the fusion style that characterizes the company
- 16th Summit of ALBA Heads of State and Government held in Havana
- Havana becomes the capital of regional integration once again
- The bigger they are the harder they fall!
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- U.S. scholar: regarding the health incidents, Cuba has acted in an honorable, legal manner, whereas the United States has not
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2892
- today: 2122
- online: 127
- total: 5441736