The show Alas by Lizt Alfonso Dance Cuba is revisited at Havana’s Grand Theater Alicia Alonso this weekend, ten years after its premier.
Artistically directed and choreographed by maestra, Lizt Alfonso, the performances are the renowned Cuban company’s first shows of the year, marking the troupe’s 25th anniversary. This revisited season of Alas (Wings) will be marked by the splendid costume and set designs by Ricardo Reymena and live music on staged by the ensemble’s music band, as well as by the debut of new dancers in demanding roles, including the performance of principal dancers, Tamy González and Sandra Reyes.
Alas won the choreography award by the Cuban Writers and Artists Association –UNEAC- in 2006. A chant to human spirituality, it is one of the best examples of the fusion style that characterizes the company
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Fidel Castro’s concept of Revolution and Cuba's New Constitution
- Donald Trump renews national maritime emergency regarding Cuba
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Eight years of hell in Libya
- Cuba calls on the international community to prevent a military intervention against Venezuela
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3857
- today: 3773
- online: 123
- total: 5672023