The Company’s youngest generations of dancers have been specially invited to participate in festivities marking the centennial of the birth of great Caribbean poet, Aimé Césaire, currently underway in Fort de France, the capital of Martinique.
The varied program of performances include works of the youth ensemble’s usual repertoire, choreographic pieces which have won Choreography Competitions and some premiers, all of that in the fusion style of which the Company is a genuine pioneer.
Heading the group of 15 and 17 year-old students is company dancer and choreographer, Indira Álvarez, who will also bring to the stage the results of a choreographic exchange with Martinican dance students.
Lizt Alfonso Dance Cuba performed in Martinique in 2010 with the show Strength and Rhythm.
- Process of constitutional debates continues throughout Cuba
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- U.S. Scholar: Washington's policy towards Cuba throughout history has been a mistake
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Bolivia awaits for the sea
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel highlights broad public debates nationwide on draft of Cuban Constitution
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2678
- today: 2973
- online: 114
- total: 5145969