The first 54 editions of the ICAIC Latin-American Newsreel, restored and digitalized by the National Audiovisual Institute of France, were presented in the framework of the 35th International New Latin American Film Festival.
The first 250 restored copies out of 1490 have reportedly been handed to ICAIC already. Copies of the newsreel will be available on the National Audiovisual Institute of France website free of charge.
The ICAIC Latin American Newsreel is a paradigm of audiovisual journalism and they were made and directed by late renowned Cuban filmmaker, Santiago Álvarez.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3174
- today: 2294
- online: 119
- total: 5046632