The Cuban National Ballet Company is performing its most emblematic ballet Giselle at the National Theater on December 20th, 21st and 22nd to mark the 70 anniversary of dance legend, Alicia Alonso’s debut in the role.
The National Theater will also host a mixed bill by the company on the 25th and 26th to mark the 65 anniversary of the ensemble’s establishment, plus the Gala marking the anniversary of the Cuban Revolution on January 1st
Company director, prima ballerina assoluta Alicia Alonso, debuted in Giselle in New York’s Metropolitan Opera House, replacing American Ballet Theater principal, Alicia Markova, in 1943. As of that moment, her career as a dancer in the US skyrocketed, becoming an international star, and founding the Cuban National Ballet in 1948.
- Cuban president pays tribute to Comandante Juan Almeida
- XXI edition of the Habano Festival opens its doors
- RHC's every other weekly program Focus on Africa
- Ultra-right, very active in Spain's elections
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Italian undersecretary of foreign affairs on official visit to Cuba
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3486
- today: 902
- online: 144
- total: 5654393