A new season of the famous classic The Swan Lake by the Cuban National Ballet Company kicks off next weekend at Havana’s Grand Theater.
The famous ballet, which is part of the repertoire of the most important ballet companies in the world, will be staged on April 22/24 and April 28/30. Premier dancers Viengsay Valdés, Sadaise Arencibia, Dani Hernández and principal Estheisys Menéndez will be dancing the leading roles during the season, as well as talented young dancers, Carlos Patricio Revé, Raúl Abreu and Adrian Masvidal in the role of Prince Siegfried.
In the mid-20th century, Cuban ballet legend and prima ballerina assoluta, Alicia Alonso, who directs the Cuban company, created her own version of the ballet after Marius Petipa and Lev Ivanov, with higher technical demands
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Attorney Mara Verheyden-Hilliard: The U.S. government has sent a message that the Vienna Convention means NOTHING
- José Pertierra: U.S. security force operation at Venezuelan embassy violates international law
- U.S. medical student says coming back to study in Cuba allowed him to reconnect with his roots
- Migration and defense: main points in European elections
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2560
- today: 2178
- online: 84
- total: 5937001