A new season of the famous classic The Swan Lake by the Cuban National Ballet Company kicks off next weekend at Havana’s Grand Theater.
The famous ballet, which is part of the repertoire of the most important ballet companies in the world, will be staged on April 22/24 and April 28/30. Premier dancers Viengsay Valdés, Sadaise Arencibia, Dani Hernández and principal Estheisys Menéndez will be dancing the leading roles during the season, as well as talented young dancers, Carlos Patricio Revé, Raúl Abreu and Adrian Masvidal in the role of Prince Siegfried.
In the mid-20th century, Cuban ballet legend and prima ballerina assoluta, Alicia Alonso, who directs the Cuban company, created her own version of the ballet after Marius Petipa and Lev Ivanov, with higher technical demands
- Cuban President winds up government visit to Santiago de Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba insists Washington is manipulating diplomat health incidents
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel congratulates Cuban journalists on Cuban Press Day
- Expert: Title III of Helms-Burton aims to limit Cuba’s access to foreign capital sources
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3246
- today: 2598
- online: 152
- total: 5747512