A new season of the famous classic The Swan Lake by the Cuban National Ballet Company kicks off next weekend at Havana’s Grand Theater.
The famous ballet, which is part of the repertoire of the most important ballet companies in the world, will be staged on April 22/24 and April 28/30. Premier dancers Viengsay Valdés, Sadaise Arencibia, Dani Hernández and principal Estheisys Menéndez will be dancing the leading roles during the season, as well as talented young dancers, Carlos Patricio Revé, Raúl Abreu and Adrian Masvidal in the role of Prince Siegfried.
In the mid-20th century, Cuban ballet legend and prima ballerina assoluta, Alicia Alonso, who directs the Cuban company, created her own version of the ballet after Marius Petipa and Lev Ivanov, with higher technical demands
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5179
- today: 989
- online: 162
- total: 6666985