Renowned Cuban singer, Beatriz Márquez, and orchestra conductor, composer and musician, Guido López- Gavilán, were presented the 2015 National Music Award in Havana and Santiago de Cuba.
The top music award, granted by the Cuban Music Institute to a musician or musicians for the work of his or her entire life, was presented to Márquez on Saturday night at a Havana National Theater gala, featuring Cuban singers, Argelia Fragoso and Heydi Chapman, the Entrevoces choir, directed by maestra Digna Guerra and the Solistas de La Habana Orchestra. For his part, maestro Guido López-Gavilán received the prize also on Saturday night at a Santiago de Cuba concert, featuring the performance of his chamber orchestra Música Eterna at the Dolores Concert Hall in the eastern city.
- The Troika of Tyranny: Neoconservatives Take Charge of Trump’s Latin America Policies
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migration and defense, top issues in European elections
- Cuba and St. Lucia strengthen bilateral ties
- RHC's weekly feature 'My Reflections on the Revolution'
- Has Trump been deceived about Venezuela?
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3645
- today: 1958
- online: 138
- total: 6042790