Cuban New Song Movement founder and singer-songwriter, Pablo Milanés, will present his new album Renacimiento (Renaissance) at Havana’s Mella Theater on December 28th and 29th to celebrate the New Year.
Using as a basis the stylistic richness of Cuban music, his new CD Renaissance includes 10 pieces, featuring various Cuban rhythms or music genre, such as “conga”, “changüí”, “guaguancó” and Cuba’s national dance and music genre “danzón.” According to the renowned Cuban composer, the album marks an important moment in his artistic career and is one of aesthetic reflection and joy. Even though its launch will take place at the end of the month, Renaissance is not completely unknown by the island’s audiences, since three of its tunes were sung at Havana’s International Cubadisco Recording Industry Fair. The album has been licensed by Cuba’s Bis Music record label
- 16th Summit of ALBA Heads of State and Government held in Havana
- Havana becomes the capital of regional integration once again
- The bigger they are the harder they fall!
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- U.S. scholar: regarding the health incidents, Cuba has acted in an honorable, legal manner, whereas the United States has not
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2820
- today: 1957
- online: 130
- total: 5438679