One of the Cuban Five, René González, presented Venezuelan President, Nicolás Maduro, with a pastel painting featuring late Venezuelan leader Hugo Chávez by Cuban anti-terrorist Antonio Guerrero, unjustly locked at Mariana prison in Florida.
On hand at the presentation was Chávez’s daughter Maria, Guerrero’s mother, Mirta Rodríguez, his sister Maruchy, and Rene González’s wife Olga Salanueva, The piece is based on a photo by Cuban photographer, Alex Castro. President Maduro thanked René for the gesture as a tribute to Commander Hugo Chávez Frías and as an expression of the willingness to continue the struggle for the release of the Cuban Five.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4151
- today: 3875
- online: 268
- total: 6764945