One of the Cuban Five, René González, presented Venezuelan President, Nicolás Maduro, with a pastel painting featuring late Venezuelan leader Hugo Chávez by Cuban anti-terrorist Antonio Guerrero, unjustly locked at Mariana prison in Florida.
On hand at the presentation was Chávez’s daughter Maria, Guerrero’s mother, Mirta Rodríguez, his sister Maruchy, and Rene González’s wife Olga Salanueva, The piece is based on a photo by Cuban photographer, Alex Castro. President Maduro thanked René for the gesture as a tribute to Commander Hugo Chávez Frías and as an expression of the willingness to continue the struggle for the release of the Cuban Five.
- The Troika of Tyranny: Neoconservatives Take Charge of Trump’s Latin America Policies
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migration and defense, top issues in European elections
- Cuba and St. Lucia strengthen bilateral ties
- RHC's weekly feature 'My Reflections on the Revolution'
- Has Trump been deceived about Venezuela?
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3730
- today: 1730
- online: 150
- total: 6046292