One of the Cuban Five, René González, presented Venezuelan President, Nicolás Maduro, with a pastel painting featuring late Venezuelan leader Hugo Chávez by Cuban anti-terrorist Antonio Guerrero, unjustly locked at Mariana prison in Florida.
On hand at the presentation was Chávez’s daughter Maria, Guerrero’s mother, Mirta Rodríguez, his sister Maruchy, and Rene González’s wife Olga Salanueva, The piece is based on a photo by Cuban photographer, Alex Castro. President Maduro thanked René for the gesture as a tribute to Commander Hugo Chávez Frías and as an expression of the willingness to continue the struggle for the release of the Cuban Five.
- Spain and Cuba for expanded relations and cooperation
- Cuban scholar: The blockade is a whole system of laws, regulations and restrictions passed by the US government
- RHC's Scientific and Medical Report
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuban president begins two-day working visit to Camagüey
- MarCuba 2018: time to turn the tide and change direction towards protecting the oceans
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3752
- today: 531
- online: 116
- total: 5260059