The Cuban National Ballet Company is set to have a unique gala at the National Theater on Thursday to mark the 65th anniversary of the ensemble’s establishment, ballet legend Alicia Alonso’s debut in the role of Giselle and her 93rd birthday.
The repertoire includes fragments of Romantic and Classical Ballets, as well as contemporary pieces, under the general and artistic direction of Alicia Alonso. The Gala includes the Pas de Quatre; the virtuoso piece Canto vital (Vital Chant), by Azari Plisetsky, with a cast of young dancers who will show their abilities to jump, turn and complex steps in a sort of competitive way; and Act II of the famous classic Swan Lake. As it’s customary, the National Ballet of Cuba will hold its January 1st Gala to celebrate the triumph of the Cuban Revolution, featuring the Nutcracker.
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Cubans living abroad will have a say in writing Constitution
- Manuel Zelaya: We are here to defend regional peoples, their conquests and their rights
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3625
- today: 2765
- online: 153
- total: 5033036