The Cuban National Ballet Company is set to have a unique gala at the National Theater on Thursday to mark the 65th anniversary of the ensemble’s establishment, ballet legend Alicia Alonso’s debut in the role of Giselle and her 93rd birthday.
The repertoire includes fragments of Romantic and Classical Ballets, as well as contemporary pieces, under the general and artistic direction of Alicia Alonso. The Gala includes the Pas de Quatre; the virtuoso piece Canto vital (Vital Chant), by Azari Plisetsky, with a cast of young dancers who will show their abilities to jump, turn and complex steps in a sort of competitive way; and Act II of the famous classic Swan Lake. As it’s customary, the National Ballet of Cuba will hold its January 1st Gala to celebrate the triumph of the Cuban Revolution, featuring the Nutcracker.
- Courage and loyalty in the face of lies and aggression
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- RHC's every other weekly program Focus on Africa
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Puerto Rico is going through one of the most difficult crisis it has faced in its history
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2877
- today: 2453
- online: 155
- total: 5852747