The Cuban National Ballet Company is set to have a unique gala at the National Theater on Thursday to mark the 65th anniversary of the ensemble’s establishment, ballet legend Alicia Alonso’s debut in the role of Giselle and her 93rd birthday.
The repertoire includes fragments of Romantic and Classical Ballets, as well as contemporary pieces, under the general and artistic direction of Alicia Alonso. The Gala includes the Pas de Quatre; the virtuoso piece Canto vital (Vital Chant), by Azari Plisetsky, with a cast of young dancers who will show their abilities to jump, turn and complex steps in a sort of competitive way; and Act II of the famous classic Swan Lake. As it’s customary, the National Ballet of Cuba will hold its January 1st Gala to celebrate the triumph of the Cuban Revolution, featuring the Nutcracker.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4211
- today: 3863
- online: 188
- total: 3856687