The Cuban National Ballet Company is set to have a unique gala at the National Theater on Thursday to mark the 65th anniversary of the ensemble’s establishment, ballet legend Alicia Alonso’s debut in the role of Giselle and her 93rd birthday.
The repertoire includes fragments of Romantic and Classical Ballets, as well as contemporary pieces, under the general and artistic direction of Alicia Alonso. The Gala includes the Pas de Quatre; the virtuoso piece Canto vital (Vital Chant), by Azari Plisetsky, with a cast of young dancers who will show their abilities to jump, turn and complex steps in a sort of competitive way; and Act II of the famous classic Swan Lake. As it’s customary, the National Ballet of Cuba will hold its January 1st Gala to celebrate the triumph of the Cuban Revolution, featuring the Nutcracker.
- Diaz Canel: No imperialist policy will deter Cuba
- Miguel Díaz-Canel: Unity is our Revolution's most formidable and powerful strength
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- Four Bronze medals for Cuba in Judo Grand Prix
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- Cuban Parliament meets in full for 3rd Ordinary session of 9th Legislature
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3823
- today: 2950
- online: 131
- total: 6144101