Cuban singer, Esther Borja, passed away in Havana at the age of 100.
An institution of Cuban song and music, she was born in the Cuban capital in 1913 and had an extensive and successful career on stages of the island and other countries.
With a unique voice of ample tessiture, Borja was one of the main singers of pieces by iconic figures of the island’s music scene and culture, such as Gonzalo Roig and Rodrigo Prats, as well as whom is considered the most universal Cuban musician, pianist and composer, Ernesto Lecuona.
- Cuban President winds up government visit to Santiago de Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba insists Washington is manipulating diplomat health incidents
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel congratulates Cuban journalists on Cuban Press Day
- Expert: Title III of Helms-Burton aims to limit Cuba’s access to foreign capital sources
NUMBER OF HITS/VISITORS
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3540
- today: 2676
- online: 163
- total: 5755050