Havana.- The first stage of the 53rd Cuban Baseball Series wound up on Sunday with the team of eastern Santiago de Cuba classifying for the second round of the national event.
The Santiago team, defeated 6 to 1 their counterpart from western Matanzas province, host of the game, and got the eigth and last ticket to the second stage.
Teams from all provinces participate in the National Series every year, which is closely followed by Cuban fans throughout the country. Some leading teams include Havana's industriales, eastern Las Tunas, Granma and Guantanamo, as well as western Isle of Youth.
- Academic says denial of entry visas to Cuban scholars to participate in LASA Congress in the US was politically motivated
- Cuban top leaders meet with visiting North Korean Worker´s Party vice president
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: ALBA members must join forces to prevent a new imperialist military adventure in our region
- ALBA-TCP Political Council concerned about actions against regional peace and security
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3318
- today: 602
- online: 126
- total: 5954208