Havana.- The first stage of the 53rd Cuban Baseball Series wound up on Sunday with the team of eastern Santiago de Cuba classifying for the second round of the national event.
The Santiago team, defeated 6 to 1 their counterpart from western Matanzas province, host of the game, and got the eigth and last ticket to the second stage.
Teams from all provinces participate in the National Series every year, which is closely followed by Cuban fans throughout the country. Some leading teams include Havana's industriales, eastern Las Tunas, Granma and Guantanamo, as well as western Isle of Youth.
- Cuban President winds up government visit to Santiago de Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba insists Washington is manipulating diplomat health incidents
- President Miguel Díaz-Canel congratulates Cuban journalists on Cuban Press Day
- Expert: Title III of Helms-Burton aims to limit Cuba’s access to foreign capital sources
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3540
- today: 1641
- online: 157
- total: 5754015