Havana.- The first stage of the 53rd Cuban Baseball Series wound up on Sunday with the team of eastern Santiago de Cuba classifying for the second round of the national event.
The Santiago team, defeated 6 to 1 their counterpart from western Matanzas province, host of the game, and got the eigth and last ticket to the second stage.
Teams from all provinces participate in the National Series every year, which is closely followed by Cuban fans throughout the country. Some leading teams include Havana's industriales, eastern Las Tunas, Granma and Guantanamo, as well as western Isle of Youth.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4950
- today: 2498
- online: 233
- total: 6663315