Moscow, Dec 30, (RHC), -- The prestigious Russian wrestler Besik Kudukhov died in a traffic accident in the southern region of the country, the National Wrestling Federation reported.
Kudukhov, four times world champion in freestyle, died after his vehicle collided with a large truck on the highway linking the cities of Krasnodar and Vladikavkaz in the Northern Caucasus region.
Winner of the world title in the years 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2011, the 27-year-old also won two Olympic medals: silver in London 2012 and bronze in Beijing 2008 as well as a European title and several national crowns.
The Russian Sports Minister, Vitali Mutko, considered the accident as a huge loss for the sport movement in the country and conveyed his deepest condolences to his relatives.
- Some 60 Countries to Attend Havana's International Trade Fair FIHAV
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuba Helps Caribbean States Recover from Devastation Caused by Powerful Hurricanes
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Patrick Manteiga, Editor and Publisher of La Gaceta Newspaper in Tampa
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4037
- today: 3487
- online: 187
- total: 3860348