Moscow, Dec 30, (RHC), -- The prestigious Russian wrestler Besik Kudukhov died in a traffic accident in the southern region of the country, the National Wrestling Federation reported.
Kudukhov, four times world champion in freestyle, died after his vehicle collided with a large truck on the highway linking the cities of Krasnodar and Vladikavkaz in the Northern Caucasus region.
Winner of the world title in the years 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2011, the 27-year-old also won two Olympic medals: silver in London 2012 and bronze in Beijing 2008 as well as a European title and several national crowns.
The Russian Sports Minister, Vitali Mutko, considered the accident as a huge loss for the sport movement in the country and conveyed his deepest condolences to his relatives.
- Cuban historian: the public debate is a fundamental step in any constitutional reform process
- Cuban media follows closely the public debate on the draft Constitution
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3635
- today: 1099
- online: 115
- total: 5038629