Oct 8, -- The Cuban boxing team trains very hard with boxers of Ireland, Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan, the host, overlooking the World Championship, scheduled from the 14th to 27th, in Azerbaijan, said the president of the Cuban Federation, Alberto Puig.
The selection aims to regain the throne, with a team led by Olympic champion Robeisy Ramirez (56 kilos) and global holder Lázaro Álvarez (60) and Julio César La Cruz (81).
Cuba will try to win its 10th world title after placing the 3rd in Milan-2009 and and 2nd in Baku-2011.
The squad also focuses hopes on its last year runner-up Yasnier Toledo (64) and Pan number two Yobany Veitía (49).
Rounding out the roster are Yasnier Toledo (64), Yobany Veitía (49), Erislandy Savón (91), Arisnoidys Despaigne (69) and rookies Gerardo Cervantes (52), Ramón Luis (75) and Yoandry Toirac (+91).
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5523
- today: 1500
- online: 178
- total: 6642858