Cairo, August 24 (RHC/volleymob.com)-- Wednesday was an intense day of action in Egypt, as teams fought desperately to stay alive in the world volleyball competition going on in Cairo.
Undefeated Brazil will meet the defending champions Russia, while Cuba will be playing against Argentina, as the 2017 Men’s U-23 World Championship comes down to semifinals.
Cuba had done away with Mexico 4-1 in Pool A to claim the second qualifying ticket behind Brazil who had secured their semifinal spot a day earlier. Brazil had wrapped up its pool play obligations with a sweep of Japan.
In Pool B, Argentina dismissed China, securing its semifinal ticket.
- U.S. congressional delegation wraps up visit to Cuba
- Activists urge protest actions to demand closure of Guantánamo Naval Base
- Argentina, in the claws of the vultures!
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3797
- today: 2208
- online: 119
- total: 4376330